Sunday, August 9, 2009

All the rest of the Sneak Peeks!! :)

OK, without further ado...

Let me introduce "Vintage" featuring wine inspired colors of Merlot, Blush, Raisin and Rose. Shown here on Morgaine Superwash Merino Fingering.




And "Fire Swamp" in shades of Fiery Red and Orange, Swamp Green, and Smokey Gray with dapples of subtly accentuated color - inspired by one of my all time favorite movies, "The Princess Bride" and a long overdue addition to my Princess Bride series of colorways. Shown here on Morgaine Superwash Merino Fingering.




And "Pan" in shades of Reddish brown, Purple, Turquoise, Green, Cantaloupe, and Fire Engine Red is loosely based on a one-of-a-kind colorway called "Pan's Meadow" that was created during my stay at the Enchanted Glen congo. Shown here on Guinvere Superwash Merino Worsted/DK.




You may recognize this glistening beauty with shades of Peach, Spearmint, Turquoise, Wisteria, and Purple :) "Mermaid" is a new version of the one-of-a-kind colorway that was created for the Enchanted Glen Mermaid stocking with the same name. It is essentially the same colors except it is space dyed and since I took no notes at the time, I am sure it is slightly different color mixtures, LOL! I just loved the combo and had to bring it back! Shown here on Arthur Superwash Merino Sport, Morgaine Superwash Merino Fingering, and our new Excaliber Superwash Merino Bulky which is to-die-for soft! It feels like a superwash version of Gaia Bulky!! I am in LOVE with it :)




Meet "Merman" in soothing shades of Navy blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Turquoise, and Spearmint Green it is a wonderfully masculine counterpart to our "Mermaid" colorway. Shown here on Morgaine Superwash Merino Fingering and Excaliber Superwash Merino Bulky.




And those of you that are very familiar with my colorways know that I tend to love LOTS of color and its reaaaalllly hard for me to leave any natural yarn showing. BUT, in an effort at some zen balance I thought it was appropriate to honor the Arthurian legend, "The Lady of the Lake" with a more reflective, simple and soft colorway with the pale watery shades of Iris, Turquoise and Spearmint and an equal amount of misty white. I couldn't resist and lightly dappled very muted shades of those colors throughout the white - though its barely visible :)




And finally we come to "Caprica", the second colorway born of my love for the now defunct "Battlestar Galactica" series. Based on an amazingly complex character that is both the downfall and savior of the human race, this colorway features Light and Dark Red, Very Pale Blue, Butter Cream Blonde, Natural White, and Steely Silver.



These are the last of our announced 10 new Fall 2009 colorways. These sneak peeks are meant to give you an idea of the colors, but the really rockin' pics are yet to come. I can't wait to get some really nice professional pics from my sister for the listings :) Who knew posing yarn could be so much fun, LOL!

Thanks so much,

Melissa

No comments: